Hello LATV Families,To help our first day of winter sports go as smoothly and easily as possible, please read the following information. Thank you in advance for your help!
- Please send your child to school with all labeled ski/snowboard gear necessary.
- They’ll require a ski pass (if you have one), skis, poles, helmet, goggles,ski pants, jacket, gloves, face warmer, etc.
- Please leave skis/snowboards and poles outside under the awning for easy loading onto the bus.
- Please send your child to school in their warm under layers and ski socks.
- You might want to send an extra snack that they can put in their jacket pocket. Please do not send money for the store.
- We will depart the school at 12:00pm. If you are riding the bus with us, please be here before that time.
- If you are a TK or preschool parent chaperoning your student to the ski hill, please come a little earlier to help your child get ready to go.
- If you are coming as a chaperone on the bus, please let us know so that we can expect you and collect a roster of names so that we don’t leave anyone behind coming or going.
- Preschool parents: It may be a good idea to bring a change of clothes for your kiddo. You must remain at Targhee in case you are needed. You can check in with Dani in The Branding Iron or Trap periodically, as this is where ski school employees will bring children if there is a problem.
- If you are present at the ski hill, please bring your child to lessons in front of the ski school by 12:50pm and then leave the staging area. We have been asked by Targhee staff to vacate that area to alleviate congestion and also apprehension from students. LATV staff will remain to make sure all students are placed properly and not left behind. Thank you in advance for your cooperation with this!
- Lessons run from 1:00-3:30pm
- If you are picking your child up from Targhee, please let us know in advance.
- If you are present at the ski hill, please be in front of the ski school at 3:30pm to gather your child from their lesson.
- Please do not leave with your child unless you have informed an LATV staff member!
- All students will return to The Learning Academy by 4:30pm for pick-up. If you are not here to pick up at that time, your child will be sent to aftercare.
This is going to be such a great ski season! We love winter sports! Thanks so much for helping it go as smoothly as possible. See you Monday. ?