🎃THE LEARNING ACADEMY’S OCTOBER NEWSLETTER🎃
NO SCHOOL – NO AFTERCARE
There will be no school on Thursday or Friday, October 3rd or 4th for fall break. Enjoy! There will be no aftercare Wednesday, October 2nd or during the break.
There will be a PTVO meeting Tuesday, October 8th at 3:15pm to continue with planning for the Halloween Carnival.
• Wednesday, October 9th – Both preschool classes will visit MD Nursery for a fall craft and to pick out a pumpkin. The cost for this field trip is $5.
• Friday, October 11th – Students in Ms. Aly, Ms. Dani and Ms. Kristin’s classes will be visiting the Museum of Idaho and the Red Barn Pumpkin Patch. The cost for this field trip is $10.
• Thursday & Friday, October 17-18 – Ms. Kristin’s class will attend an overnight field trip to Thermopolis, WY.
• Students in TK and up will have PE on October 8 & 22 with Coach Kevin – thanks for sending kiddos in appropriate shoes and clothing.
• Mandy from The Cougar Fund will be doing wildlife programs with our students October 14th, 21st, 28th and November 4th
HALLOWEEN CARNIVAL – NO AFTERCARE
Our Halloween Festival will be held on Friday, October 25th from 4:30-6:30 pm. There will be no aftercare on Friday, October 25th. An email from the PTVO with a link to sign up to volunteer will be sent out soon. If you are willing to help organize and staff events or make soup, bread, or treats for the cakewalk, please sign up. This is such a fun event, thank you for helping make it possible!
Students may wear their Halloween costumes to school on Friday, October 25th, the day of the carnival. Please do not send students in their costumes on Halloween – Thursday, October 31st.
NO AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
There will be no after school program on Friday, October 25th or on Halloween, Thursday, October 31st.
PAPAS AND PUMPKINS
Calling all dads or grandpas (or any adult that can make it)! Please join us for papas and pumpkins on Wednesday, October 30th to carve pumpkins with your favorite ghost or goblin! Please bring a hollowed out pumpkin and carving tools if you have them – we will have some available. Preschool will carve at 10am, Ms. Aly’s class will carve at 11am, Ms. Dani’s class will carve at 12pm and Ms. Kristin’s class will carve at 1pm.
Thanks for bearing with us during the confusion of two separate picture days! Lynne will be contacting you directly via email with a link to your child(ren)’s photos as soon as she has them edited and uploaded. You will be able to purchase them directly from the site at that time.
WEBSITE – www.learningacademyschool.com
We are updating the calendar on our website regularly. Please use it as a resource for upcoming events. Thank you!